vendredi 21 novembre 2014

A Journey to lift basel

Warning, Blogpost in english!

I have been helping prepare the event for a couple of months, sending emails, informing people on social media and uploading the profiles of the speakers and contributing to the completion of the website as it is now.

I was invited to join the organising team and help them with all the editorial and social media management. The week before the event was a lot of planning and scheduling each message for each part of the day so that I would have a solid base of information to communicate and of course would change and perfect before it would go online.

Right after class I had to jump on the next train from Geneva to Basel and I had the chance to join the last session of Thursday. Unfortunately not getting to see much I have to catch up with friends and lifters and to getting back used to the great lift atmosphere.



My job was basically announcing the speakers on stage, creating conversation in the lift community around the topics, gathering the crowd’s questions for the speakers and sharing all the information about the event. My colleagues call it geeking since I spent the whole day looking at two laptops and my phone, but i still had a lot of running around the stage and backstage to give me a break from sitting.



I was afraid biology, neuroscience and health technology might be too complicated for me to understand and too specific for me to follow, but in the end great speakers can vulgarise the subject and make it really easy to understand and share their passion for the field with anybody. I admire that about most speakers in conferences more than the fact they are very comfortable speaking in front of hundreds of people.


I can say I grew a lot of interest for most of the topics we went through on Friday. I was mostly attracted by the vision of the futures driven by Anders Sandberg’s roundtable or how Design could change the way we take care of our health and interact with both doctors and insurance companies.

Mostly, I can’t wait to share the videos of the talks with my mother, a scientist working in pharmaceutical drug research. Specially the video of Chas Bountra on Innovation Through Open Access and Public-private Partnership.

I was also very inspired by all the crowdsourcing and biohacking talks since I am collaborating on the opening of a Biohacking space in Geneva called Open Bio Lab with @CDrevo.

I am now on the train heading back home, relieved everything went so well for the first edition of Lift Basel.

That’s all folks and I will be glad to meet you and have a chat during Lift 15 in February 2015 (link).

Ressources :


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire